Do you find it difficult to maintain your inner peace when others threaten to destroy it?
Have you tried over and over to think peace
but the negative attitudes of others chip away at your poise and confidence?
So at times you even wonder if it is at all possible.
But the truth is you can discover inner peace and learn ways to maintain it.
Let me share five ways that I have learned work to build peace:
- Peace is a result of setting limits in your life.
Say no to the harmful, negative, toxic influences. Guard yourself with healthy boundaries.
- Learn to slow down and be still.
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10 KJV
Stillness and times of quiet are essential to finding inner peace.
- Instead of seeing every difficulty as a huge problem begin to see it as an opportunity
to learn and grow. This simple change in your perception will change how you feel.
- Accept the things you cannot change and let go. Yes, give yourself permission to let go of
relationships or circumstances, etc that you cannot change. Yes, it hurts. Yes, it’s not right but let go and move forward.
- Look out at window or go outside. Observe the wonders of life all around and list three things for which you are grateful.
You might find yourself at this moment in a difficult situation or surrounded by unrest and chaos.
In the midst of life’s roughest times there is One Who knows your name and promises to be with you.
He offers to give you peace
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27 KJV
Accept Him as your peace in every situation.
Things may not change immediately but you will.
“The only way to live in this adventure-with all its danger and unpredictability and immensely high stakes-is in an ongoing, intimate relationship with God.”